Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Best Of Comparative Video 101 - 2011

Comparative Video 101 appeared 30 times during 2011, significantly less frequently than the 46 and 47 times of the two previous years. Still, those thirty posts included some stellar performances of the songs profiled in the articles, and once again, we end the year with a completely subjective selection of the videos and arrangements that I found most compelling from the last calendar year. Some of these are wonderfully original takes of songs that I have long known and loved; others are just very fine videos or live performances.

As in my earlier "Best Of" posts, the song titles are hyperlinks back to the articles in which the arrangements appeared. We will, God willing, return to weekly posts in 2012 - and my heartfelt best wishes for a wonderful year to all who do me the great favor of stopping by this site to share my enthusiasm for this wonderful music.

1. Steve Goodman, "The Dutchman" - 2/3/11




2. Chet Atkins,
"Old Joe Clark" - 2/18/11



3. Johnny Cash,
"The City Of New Orleans" - 2/24/11



4. Tom Roush,
"Tenting Tonight On The Old Campground" - 5/29/11



5. The Weavers,
"The Battle Cry Of Freedom" - 5/29/11



6. Gordon Hudson,
"The Keeper/The Hunter" - 6/17/11



7. Van Dyke Parks,
"Greenland Whale Fisheries" - 7/17/11



8. The Short Mountain String Band,
"Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss" - 8/5/11



9. James Taylor,
"Go, Tell It On The Mountain" - 9/8/11



10. Audra McDonald,
"Children, Go Where I Send Thee" - 12/16/11


1 comment:

Linkmeister said...

Hooray for more posts in 2012! I hope whatever caused the hiatus has been satisfactorily resolved.